Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Going to the Mountains!

(via Flickr)

I've been a bit negligent in updating the blog in the past couple weeks. I've been hiking like crazy, so I have plenty of material, but I've been occupied loading those hikes onto backpacker.com to participate in this contest. This weekend, E and I will be going on what I hope will be an amazing two-day hike on and around the Art Loeb Trail in the Shining Rock Wilderness in Pisgah National Forest. The hike starts at Graveyard Fields (where E and I hiked before; read about it here), climbs Black Balsam Knob, hikes along the Art Loeb Trail over a few balds, then turns around at Shining Rock, returning via the Ivestor Gap Trail and Graveyard Ridge Trail. Now, we just need to make sure we have good weather.

(via Flickr)


(via Flickr)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, pray for good weather! Very excited for this!!

    ReplyDelete