Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Goals

So, E, the fearless blogger on Peach & Pearl, has been doing something called '101 in 1001' over the past couple years. The idea is this, you write down 101 doable but significant goals that you intend to do in 1001 days, and then, you try to do them. E is approaching the end of her 1001 days, and is in the process of making a new 101 in 1001 so I joined in and made one for myself. She has her 101 in 1001 posted on her blog, and keeps her status on each goal up to date, and she encouraged me to put my list on my blog because "it is great for accountability." I agreed, but since this is a hiking blog, I will only post goals that are somehow related to hiking and save the other goals, such as making homemade pickles, for myself. My 1001 days officially began on March 1 which makes November 28, 2012 the finish line.

My goals are:

33. Submit to a photo contest
54. Maintain hiking log and blog
55. Hike another 100 miles (starting distance: 96.25 miles)
56. Buy new hiking boots (lighter, better fitting)
57. Buy new sleeping pad or tent
58. Go to Crabtree Creek in Umstead after a heavy rain when the creek is high
59. Go winter camping--in the snow
60. Traverse the American Tobacco Trail (can be in sections)
61. Bike the paved portion of the ATT with E
62. Backpack for three nights in a row or more
63. Kayak at least once per year
64. Camp in three seasons
65. Go on a Presidentials crew reunion hike each year
66. Summit a greater than 10,000 foot peak
67. Visit two of the following parks: Yosemite, Zion, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Glacier, Grand Tetons, Rocky Mountain, Bryce Canyon
70. Begin section-hiking the AT
76. Hike a southern bald
98. Walk every greenway that is a mile or longer in Morrisville, Cary, and Raleigh
100. Compete in a Backwoods Orienteering Klub race
101. Compete in a Great Urban Race

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the travelling goals, it will be amazing to see all of the pictures from your travels!
    Looking forward to seeing your progress as I am only new to the 101 and started this month!
    Rachal
    http://rachals101in1001.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete